Friday, September 3, 2010

Hurricane Earl

Today Hurricane Earl is suppose to pass along the New Jersey Coast. Many ask, what are you going to do about your boat in the water. Well, I have a very good marina taking care of my boat and if the weather is too dangerous, they will pull the boat out of the water without notifying me.  Last October we had a couple bad storms due to come in.  I drove down the shore to check on the boat and was surprised, it wasn't there.  Talk about freaking out!  I scanned the shore and finally asked one of the workers where my boat was and he said right over there next to your truck.  I turned around and there she was sitting in the lot.  They explained how they pull them out if a bad storm is coming.  I was worried that day, but after that, I worry no more.  It worries me more that the cleat or chain may someday break and let Lil Provo drift away. 

Tomorrow I will venture down to the marina to check on her.  If I can get the dinghy out to her, I will even go out for a while.  I have five days off and plan on spending much of that sailing.  I will advise what happened this weekend in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment