Friday, September 10, 2010

Back in the water - 9/7/2010

Tuesday morning Lil Provo was placed back in the water.  The threat of storms was passed, as well as the holiday weekend.  The tides for the weekend did not provide enough water for the boat yard to get the boats back in the water during normal working hours.  With a High tide at 5 or 6 am, they only had a window of a few hours each day to put the sailboats back in the water.  You have to remember that every boat they put in has to be towed out to their mooring and hooked up. So it isn't a constant flow of boats going into the water. They only average about 4 per hour. 
They placed my boat on the wrong mooring and I got there early enough to give them a hand changing the location.  After I had her on her mooring, I proceeded to sew a seam in the mainsail that had come loose.  This was my first time sewing a sail and they are some tough fabric.  Dacron sails are tough to push a needle through.  After repairing the four foot seam, I dropped the mooring line and headed for open water.  I ran on motor for a while until I was well into the bay.  Then both sails were raised and we healed over and were zipping along.  After an hour or two, I headed back to the mooring where I tried my luck fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment