Monday, March 8, 2010

Finding the time


It has been a tough winter so far and today we are suppose to be in the 50's. It won't be long before Lil Provo is moved from the back yard to the driveway to commence preparation for the coming season. The list keeps growing, I'm wondering if you ever complete the list of things you want to get done on your boat. It seems not, as one comes off, two go on. I am comfortable that this is the normal for all boat owners.

I will need new tires for the trailer this year. I chanced it last year with the dry rotted tires, but I will not push my luck for another season. To get her in the driveway, I will need those new tires as the old ones have let go during the winter. With the soggy back yard, the blocks I had under the trailer sank into the ground and placed the weight back onto the tires, causing them to pop off of their rims. Perfect timing for new tires.

My target date is the first week of May for getting her on her mooring. So there is much to do until then. I have taken some time off so I could get things done, I just hope it is enough time.
As you can see in the picture above, the snow has really stopped a lot of winter boat work. Lil Provo sits on her trailer covered up . There she sits until we are sure the weather is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment