Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fathers Day in Keyport Harbor NJ




Sailing on Fathers Day was a blast. I knew I had the typical Dad obligations all day and had to get to the boat early so I could be home by noon. Arrived about 8:30am to the boat yard, another 15 minutes and I was pulling the dinghy up along side Lil Provo. It amazes me how dirty a boat gets just sitting there! I placed my daily supplies on board and climbed into the cockpit to stow the gear.


The harbor was like glass with no wind present at all. I gave a couple pumps to the gas bulb and started the motor, ran to the front to drop the mooring line and back to the cockpit to put the motor into gear. I motored on out into the bay where there was a great breeze for sailing. I opened the sails and let the wind take over. I hate the sound of a motor running lately. There is nothing to compare to doing six knots with only the sound of the water splashing against the hull. After a couple hours, I headed back to the harbor so I could secure Lil Provo and head home for Fathers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment