Monday, August 16, 2010

This past Saturday was one of the better sailing days this season. All my friends were busy in fishing tornaments and I went out by myself. It was a blast! We headed for New York City and were sailing around six knots and healed over to my port side. I eventually let the main out some to stop healing over as much as I was because I needed to be cautious. I had my life line on, but falling out of the boat isn't fun no mater when it happens, let along having a line hooked to you and dragiing you along the side of the boat. There was a time when I had to put the camera away as I wanted to be cautious about getting it wet. Eventually, I did let the mainsail out which let me sit more upright and not worry about taking water into the cockpit. I did stop during the day and tried to catch some fish. It was so rough I couldn't even fish, plus the drift was running about 1.7 mph. Not too good for fishing. I had to give up as Lil Provo was rocking so much she was going from strboard gunnel to port gunnel. So I decided to get moving once again before the possibility of getting sick came into play. I eventually ran for cover into Keyport Harbor and tried to fish there, but still the drift was too fast and the sea was still rough. I brought Lil Provo back to her mooring and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment