Monday, May 10, 2010

The week before the mooring

I must say this weekend was a tough one. It was the weekend to get the boat ready and the last weekend before our daughter gets married. We finished all of the painting on the boat. I tried to put some wax on her, but it didn't come out as expected. It is blochy and I am not sure if I should run some polishing compound over it and start again or to just let it go as the clock is ticking. We started loading her with her summer needs and will be working feverishly this week trying to finish the BBQ mount. My first mate, Gary, stopped by yesterday and helped get the mask on top of the cabin so all that is needed is to tie it down and go.

I still need to get the new 2011 registration stickers on and get the batteries all charged up. I will place them on the charger this evening. A cleaning of the top of the boat is next and I will be able to wax that when she is in the water. I removed the curtains for now as they were hanging off the glued up tracks and the windows are really dark tinted, so I may not need curtains. It will make it a lot brighter in the cabin, plus being able to see out will help those who have weak tummies and go below for comfort. We are not taking anything on board that we did not use last year. This is a great rule and minimizes clutter each year. It seems that when you discontinue one thing on your list, two replace it! So, so much for the helping rule.

The trailer had the new tires placed on this weekend and seeing tires that are not dry rotted certainly makes me feel a lot safer towing her to her summer home.

Hopefully the next entry will be from the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment