Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter Work

It is a cold 18f degrees outside and there isn't much that can be done in this cold. However, I climbed aboard Lil' Provo and began mapping out the entire boat. Mapping out the boat, means to measure every part of the boat and then make a blueprint of the boat so that you would have all the measurements handy. I looked on line and was not able to find this available, so when I am done, I will make it available. This will also help when the boat is sitting on her mooring and I am home trying to make something. Last night I completed my drawing and found I still need many more measurements that what I wrote down and will have to bring the drawing with me and fill out the rest.

This year I covered the boat differently than in the past. I created a tent over the boat with the back of the cockpit open so you can climb on board. On a cold day, the temperature is still about 10 degrees warmer under the cover than outside. It makes it easy to work on the cabin and cockpit.

Back to work on the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment